Why Quarter Two is The Most Important Quarter of the Sales Year?
Welcome to Quarter Two!
This is the MOST important quarter of the sales year as it is generally gives you the strongest indicator as to whether this will be a good sales year or a great sales year (of course we never want it to be a bad year).
So why Quarter Two?
Because we all know that the sales process takes time – especially for Bankers – and the second half of the sales year is generally more ideal for closing deals in your pipeline than creating new ones.
Whilst we always want to be closing deals, it is vital that you focus your efforts over Quarters One & Two on creating lots and lots of new opportunities through proactive engagement strategies with new prospects and referrers.
By Quarter Three, the summer season has arrived in North America and gaining access and the attention of new prospects can be challenging (certainly not impossible …. but definitely challenging).
In Quarter Four, consumers and businesses are busy winding up their own “sales year” and closing their own pipeline so they are not necessarily thinking about opening new accounts, refinancing their loans or entering into transactions with new vendors.
So clearly by the end of Quarter Two you want your pipeline to be full of new opportunities.
FIVE Sales Tips for Quarter Two
Here are FIVE sales tips that will help you fill your pipeline by the end of Quarter Two:
1) Schedule most of your existing client reviews for the first half of the year so that you can identify new opportunities that could close in the second half of the year.
2) Proactively outreach to new targets by offering to share strategies on how to make this year a greater success.
3) Meet with all your “Centers of Influence” by the end of Quarter Two and consider two-way referrals that will fill each other’s pipeline.
4) Host an event and asks guests to invite a friend.
5) Review lost/stalled deals from last year’s pipeline and consider an approach to reconnect with key decision makers.
Get busy filling your schedule with meetings over the next few months and I promise you will get very busy closing deals over the last six months of the year.
Article written by Joe Micallef – Sales Strategist & Coach – Grow UP Sales. For advice on how to better achieve your New Year sales targets please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the webpage www.growupsales.com
If you found the content valuable then please feel free to share this article with your broader network. Let’s help more people fill their pipeline in Quarter Two.