Achieve Your WHY in the NEW YEARDecember 28, 2018
To Succeed You MUST ChangeFebruary 20, 2019
What’s Your New Month Resolution?
It’s the start of another exciting year of opportunities … which also marks another round of “New Year Resolutions”. So what wonderful New Year Resolutions are you not going to achieve again this year?
I know that sounds negative …. but it amazes me how so many people conjure up similar resolutions that they wistfully aspire to achieve year after year, yet quickly dismiss by February/March citing a range of excuses and reasons for non-attainment.
So why do so many people fail to achieve their New Year Resolutions?
- They don’t know WHAT realistic goals to set
- They don’t know WHY those goals are important
- They don’t know HOW to specifically achieve those goals
The first step to achieving your New Year Resolutions is to better understand your WHAT, HOW & WHY.
1. Start by avoiding ambitious, far-reaching, annual goals (despite what all the self help books say). Instead, set realistic monthly targets with an achievable level of aspiration and “stretch”.
2. Next, take the time to deeply reflect upon understanding WHY achieving your goals is essential to your well-being and happiness. This will significantly improve your motivation. This was outlined in detail in my last blog – Achieve Your WHY in the New Year.
3. Finally, I strongly encourage you to now specifically determine HOW you are going to achieve your goals by identifying deliberate and focused actions you can execute on a MONTHLY basis.
Stop dreaming about New Year Resolutions every 1st of January, and start thinking about New Month Resolutions (or actions) on the 1st of EVERY month.
By identifying, executing and reviewing specific MONTHLY actions that are aligned to your WHAT & WHY, you are far more likely to achieve greater success.
For example, for the month of January you may decide to commit to the following actions:
- Meet with 8 existing customers and ask for referrals
- Attend/Host two networking events
- Meet with 4 new prospects
- Write/Share at least four articles/tips on Social Media
- Complete at least one sales training workshop
Then on February 1st I encourage you to review (preferably with a colleague or mentor) your actions and reflect upon their success/failure in impacting your goals. Don’t forget to set new month resolutions (actions) for February.
By committing to this process, I am confident that your New Month Resolutions will become New Month “Revelations” that will reveal your support needs and your most effective ways for achieving your monthly (if not Annual) Goals.
So start recognizing that there are exciting opportunities at the beginning of every new month …. rather than just at the beginning of every new year …. and your chances of accomplishing your resolutions will significantly improve.
Article written by Joe Micallef – Sales Strategist & Coach – Grow UP Sales. For more advice on how to create new month resolutions please email email@example.com or visit the webpage www.growupsales.com
Please also join my FREE Exclusive Facebook Group – Banking & Finance Excellence – and gain exclusive access to more advice and free live training every week. Join NOW by going to www.facebook.com/groups/bankingexcellence
If you found the content valuable then please feel free to share this article with your broader network. Let’s help more bankers and salespeople achieve a better quality of life.